Pancakes have always been a big deal in my family. My Dad is what you might call a pancake connoisseur and has passed on his love of these breakfast mainstays to me. Some of my favorite memories are of my Dad at the stove making batches of pancakes on Saturday mornings, something he continues to do to this day for my son.
While I love pancakes, they aren’t necessarily the healthiest option for breakfast and they always leave me feeling hungry shortly after no matter how many I eat. To solve that problem, I incorporated my favorite vanilla plant protein into the pancakes to keep me fuller longer and give me a big energy boost for the day.
- 1/2 Cup Gluten-Free Pancake Mix (Pamela's is one of my favs)
- 1 Scoop Plant Protein
- 3/4 Cup Almond Milk or Water
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1 Cup Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Whisk together the first five ingredients until combined.
- Gently stir in the blueberries.
- Pour batter onto a preheated, oiled griddle. Flip once.
- Serve immediately with pure maple syrup!
These have become a weekend staple in my house and once you try them, I think they might be in yours as well! Enjoy!